Immediate relief, accelerated clearance, a brighter clearer skin
Acne is a debilitating medical condition, and not just “something to get over” in puberty. If left untreated it can cause scarring and blemishes lasting a lifetime, and the emotional and psychological effects remain long after the acne has stopped. Although acne scarring and hyperpigmentation can be effectively treated, prevention is better than cure.
Acne is the most common skin disorder and affects both men and women of all races. Approximately 80% of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 suffer from acne with many continuing into their 40s and beyond. Adult onset acne is also on the increase.
Up until now treatment of acne usually takes a long time, with results visible only weeks to months from starting systemic and topical medication. For most this is just too long, and the urge to touch the sensitive inflamed lesions only leads to further aggregation of the condition.
Furthermore, side effects of conventional acne treatments have often been unacceptable, and resistance of acne causing bacteria to antibiotics is an ever increasing problem. Not to mention the photosensitising effects of most conventional acne therapies.
An instant treatment is now available!
Fourways Aesthetic Centre offers a comprehensive approach to acne:
- Acne is treated before it causes long term scarring and hyperpigmentation
- Deep cleaning with chemical peels – clearing of acne, as well as prevention of oil build up predisposing to acne
- Chemical exfoliation of the skin
- ACLEARA Acne Clearing system – A first for Johannesburg
- Gentle vacuum extraction with pulsed light therapy
- Minimises scars caused by acne
- Hyperpigmentation treatment with Pulsed light and laser treatments
- If scarring has already occurred – Laser treatments to rejuvenate scars
- Treatments are combined with use of specialised home care products designed for oily and acne prone skin
- Conventional therapies may also combined in a comprehensive treatment regimen to target acne from all angles
Book your consultation now!
011 465 8846
The Acleara Acne Clearance System: The first and only system in Johannesburg
- Cleanses your pores
- Fast, full face treatments
- Can resume activities immediately
- Easily well tolerated treatments
- No anaesthetics or gels
- Safe on all skin types
What is an Acleara acne treatment?
A breakthrough acne treatment that combines a vacuum with pulses of specially filtered light to help clear your pores and treat acne outbreaks. Cleared to treat a wide range of acne in all skin types by the FDA.
This results in:
- Immediate relief from the infection and inflammation
- Vastly reducing bacterial load
- Opening the pores to better allow access for topical treatments and washes
What types of results can I expect?
Your skin’s pores usually are cleared of oils, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Pores may be reduced in size as well.
How long does it take?
The Acleara treatment can be performed in as little as 10 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
How many treatments will I need?
Multiple treatments may be required for best results. A usual course of 6 treatments is recommended, although this may vary depending on your individual condition. Our AAAM Board Certified Doctor will discuss your treatment plan with you.
Does it hurt?
Most people feel little to no discomfort during the Acleara treatment.
Should more aggressive extraction be required, mild to pronounced discomfort may be experienced.
How quickly will I recover?
You may resume your regular daily activities right away.
What can I expect following the treatment?
You may immediately notice your skin is drier, less oily, and feels fresher. Current acne outbreaks usually will begin to clear up over the next two days. Typically most people experience a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling or bruising, immediately following the treatment. This usually lasts 2 to 24 hours. Post-treatment care will be recommended to you following the treatment.
(inclusive of Glycolic Acid chemical peels on alternate visits)
Finally! The long awaited breakthrough in the treatment of acne.